Benefits for Golf Professionals
Participating as an LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program director has numerous benefits for golf professionals and facilities. Girls Golf programs address the growing need for introducing more girls to the game of golf and program directors are provided with resources and information to assist with creating a girl-friendly learning environment.
Adding a Girls Golf program to your junior programming is an innovative and effective way to connect with your community and increase opportunities for girls to learn the game of golf.
LPGA-USGA Girls Golf programs also generate new business for golf clubs and professionals. Bringing an LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program to your facility offers a number of benefits for Golf Professionals, their clubs and practice facilities. Many Girls Golf program directors and host facilities experience the following benefits:
- Attracts new members/golfers;
- Increases private lesson revenue;
- Increases participation in existing junior programs;
- Increases pro shop traffic, food and beverage sales and cart rental revenues during events;
- Improves member retention through family participation in activities at your facility.
LPGA and PGA Professionals also receive continuing education credits for their participation with the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program:
- LPGA Site Directors: 24 LPGA “Service” Certification Units per year
- LPGA Volunteer Instructors: 2 LPGA “Service” Certification Units per event (up to 8 per year)
- PGA Members: Up to 24 “Growth of the Game” MSR Credits per year